Maryland Wear and Carry
Maryland Wear and Carry Resident and Non-Resident Certified Firearms Permit
You will be certified for application for a concealed carry permit in Maryland.
You may also add Delaware as an option for $50.00 and Utah Non-resident for $50.00 when you check out
you will receive a certificate for Delaware and we will do the finger prints and your application for Utah.
Course: 16 hours – (2) 8 Hour Days
Course Cost: $300.00
Course Goal: The goal of this course is for you the citizen to gain credit needed to apply for a Concealed Carry permit in the State of Maryland.
Course Prerequisites: NONE
Course Subject Matter:
- Pistol Knowledge and Safe Gun Handling
- Concealed carry options
- Legal understanding of the use of lethal force
- State laws pertaining to self defense
- Defensive shooting tactics
Gear/Equipment to bring to course:
- 50 Rounds of factory ammunition for your handgun or revolver
- multiple speed loaders or 2 or more magazines
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning ( no open toed shoes)
- Baseball style hat
- Wraparound eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Clothing appropriate for climate and conditions
Course Completion: Upon successful completion of the class you will receive the approved certificate of completion.
Information you need to know
Before you may legally wear and carry a regulated firearm, you must possess and maintain on your person the MSP-issued Handgun Wear and Carry Permit. Submission of the application does not authorize you to wear, carry, or transport a handgun.
Training must be successfully completed prior to submitting the application, unless you are exempt from training. Please click here for information on Wear and Carry Permit Training
Who Should Apply?
Wear and Carry Permits may be issued to any adult (18 years of age or over) who meets the following criteria:
- An applicant between 18 and 21 years of age may only be issued a wear and carry permit to possess a regulated firearm required for employment. - P.S. 5-133 (d)(2)(v)
- Has not been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor for which a sentence of imprisonment for more than one year has been imposed; or convicted of a criminal offense for which you could have been sentenced to more than 2 years incarceration.
- Has not been convicted of a crime involving the possession, use, or distribution of a controlled dangerous substance;
- Is not presently an alcoholic, addict, or habitual user of a controlled dangerous substance unless under legitimate medical direction;
- Based on an investigation, has not exhibited a propensity for violence or instability that may reasonably render the person’s possession of a handgun a danger to the person or others;
- As of October 1, 2013, has successfully completed the Maryland State Police approved firearms training course within 2 years prior to submitting the original or renewal application.
How To Apply
As of October 1, 2013, all new, renewal, and subsequent applicants must successfully complete required firearms training, within 2 years, prior to submitting the application.
As of October 1, 2019, all Wear and Carry permit applications (original, renewal and subsequent) and requests (modification and replacement) must be submitted online in the Licensing Portal. All documentation requirements and any clarifications you feel may assist investigators in processing your applications must be uploaded and electronically attached to the application in the Licensing Portal. You may access the Licensing Portal by clicking the link below:
The minimum documentation required for the acceptance of the Wear and Carry permit application are:
- Color passport-size photograph
- Electronic fingerprint transmission receipt
- Certificate of Handgun Training or documentation of exemption
Please allow 90 days for completion of the application process.
For further guidance in regard to submitting a Wear and Carry permit application or request please refer to the Wear and Carry Portal Users Guide.
How Much Does It Cost?
Fees must be paid by check or money order made payable to the Maryland State Police. Checks must be drawn on active accounts with sufficient funds. If the check is returned for insufficient funds or due to a closed account, the applicant will be required to pay for future requests of the Licensing Division by cashier’s check or money order.
Original/Initial – $75.00 – Fingerprint Fees not included
Renewal – $50.00 – Fingerprints No Longer Required
Subsequent – $50.00 – Fingerprint Fees not included
Replacement/Modification – $10.00 – Fingerprints not required
Active/Retired Law Enforcement Officers of this State or a County/Municipality (PS 5-304) – $0.00
How do I make Payment?
All payments must be made online upon submission of your application via the licensing portal.
Here is the correct fingerprint form you will need for Maryland wear and carry
DELAWARE TACTICAL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERMIT APPROVAL IN ANY STATE. WE DO NOT REFUND COURSE FEES FOR ANY REASON INCLUDING THE CHANCE YOU DO NOT PASS THE LIVE FIRE QUALIFICATION COURSES