Delaware Concealed Carry
Our 8 hour Concealed carry course is designed to exceed the minimum requirements set forth by the State of Delaware to certify you for a concealed carry permit. We offer the most comprehensive CCDW course in Delaware. Come train with Delaware Tactical and start you journey in learning to protect and defend yourself with a firearm!
Come train with Delaware Tactical and start you journey in learning to protect and defend yourself with a firearm!
Our course includes the basic requirements such as:
- Knowledge and safe handling of Firearms Instruction regarding safe storage of firearms and child safety
- Instruction regarding knowledge and safe handling of ammunition
- Safe storage of ammunition and child safety
- Instruction regarding safe firearms shooting fundamentals
- Live fire shooting exercises conducted on a range, including the expenditure of a minimum of 100 rounds of ammunition
- Identification of ways to develop and maintain firearm shooting skills
- Instruction regarding federal and state laws pertaining to the lawful purchase, ownership, transportation, use and possession of firearms
- Instruction regarding the laws of this State pertaining to the use of deadly force for self-defense
- Techniques for avoiding a criminal attack and how to manage a violent confrontation, including conflict resolution.
As well as additional subject matter like:
- Psychological and physiological effects of a Deadly Force Encounter
- Winning mindset
- Situational awareness
- Pre-incident indicators
- Dry Practice/Homework
- Combat fundamentals
- What deadly force is
- Action vs reaction
This course requires clothing suitable for range and weather conditions. You will need a brimmed hat, at least 2 magazines for the weapon you will be using. We can provide loaner weapons and holsters and no additional cost. We can provide ammunition as well at a cost of $40.00 for the course
Course cost $150.00
Reciprocity gives you the ability to carry a concealed carry weapon in certain states once you have your state resident Concealed Carry Permit. If the State Legislature makes any changes in reciprocity, the 1st of January is usually the effective date. Be aware, the laws are subject to change any time and should be checked on a regular basis. The Delaware State Reciprocity list can be found on the Attorney Generals website.
With your Delaware CCDW Permit, you will be able to carry in the 29 states below.
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia
Once you have a Delaware CCDW permit, you are eligible to apply for a Pennsylvania Non-Resident CCDW permit. If approved, you will be able to conceal carry in the 6 states below in addition to the 30 Delaware reciprocity states for a total of 36 states.
Georgia, Louisiana, Montana, Pennsylvania, Wyoming, Wisconsin
Below is the application for the Pennsylvania Non-Resident Concealed Carry permit. You must possess a valid Delaware CCDW Permit to be eligible to apply for a Non-Resident permit. Although Delaware allows a resident to be 18 to receive a CCDW permit, Pennsylvania requires that person to be at least 21 years old. The cost is $20 (cash/money order) and must be hand delivered to the sheriff’s office.
You must bring your Delaware CCDW permit, your Delaware driver's license along with the application. On the application you will need to provide the names, addresses and phone numbers for two references. These references cannot be family members and do not have to be from the same county you reside. The closest Sheriffs office that will take Non-Resident applications is in Media, PA which is just over the northern border of Delaware. You cannot get your permit the same day at the Media Sheriff's Office.
Once you have applied for your application, the sheriff's office will send you an approval or declination letter within 45 days. If you receive an approval, you must then take the letter and your driver's license to the sheriff's office to pick up the permit which is good for 5 years.
The Media office hours can be found on their website: http://www.co.delaware.pa.us/sheriff/weapons.html
The address and phone number are:
Delaware County Sheriff’s Office
201 West Front Street
Media, PA 19063